Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Increasing My Digital “Fingerprint” Via Social Networks/Media

How the world has changed!

I have been part of a mastermind group of speakers for the past 12 ½ years – Master Speakers International (MSI).

Our goal at our meetings (three times a year) is to share ideas, best practices, and resources to expand our speaking businesses.

One of our members credits the group with $5 million worth of business – due to two ideas he got during meetings!

At our meeting yesterday in Minneapolis, the entire conversation was about webinars, teleseminars, and social networking sites.

A few years ago, we would have said that nothing beats the live, in-person presentation. I still feel that way.

However, as speakers, we always have to learn to be more flexible --and open minded – and look for alternative ways to deliver our content.

There is also much to learn when it comes to the best use of social media.

Having said that, along with this blog and my web site proper (insert links), you can check me out on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.

Will this increased cyber presence generate business? I have no idea, at least not yet -- but I can’t afford not to jump on board and Tweet away and post updates!

I welcome your thoughts.

By the way, if you want to attend my free webinar on communication skills for Copper Conferencing on June 16th, take this link to register.

No comments: