Monday, June 1, 2009

Don’t Worry Be Happy

You know the expression, “You teach what you need to learn.”?

Well, by nature, I am a positive person – always looking for the good in everybody and every situation … predicting a positive outcome.

But, lately it’s gotten harder. A combination of business matters (due to the economy) and family healthy issues have been weighing heavily on me like a ton of bricks.

I was walking around like Charlie Brown, with the proverbial gray cloud over his head.

The reality is – what is happening is going to happen, regardless of my attitude.

I had a choice: be miserable, or go back to optimism.

Over the weekend, I decided to change my negative attitude of late, beginning with my last journal entry. I started to list all the good things that are happening right now. I wrote what I am grateful for. I listed positive outcomes.

You might wonder … did it work?

Partially.

Since then, I haven’t dwelled on the negatives, I haven’t discussed the negatives, and I have been more cheery at work.

My bet is that it will get easier each day to honor my personal commitment to stay positive.

And, in time, so, too, will the different situations I encounter get better.

We all need to remember, that you get what you give out in life – the “reap what you sow” mentality.

If you exude negativity and pessimism, after awhile, those around you will feel and act the same.

So, today, I made the choice. I decided to be positive. Like the song says, “Don’t worry. Be happy.” :)

How about you? Will you join me on this positive journey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.