Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Initial Report from NSA Convention: Relationships Rule!

I have been at the National Speakers Association (NSA) National Convention in Arizona, since July 16, and it ends today.

Whether it’s been during a board meeting (I’m a National Board Director), a keynote, a breakout session, or in the hallways, the biggest takeaway for me so far has been a reminder of the power of relationships.

You see, my goal when it comes to meetings like these is to always come back to my office with one to three things that I can immediately implement which will change my business.

This time at the NSA Convention, as good as the content has been, it can’t begin to compare with the new friends I’ve made -- and the old ones that I’ve reconnected with … relationships.

One specific highlight of this past week has been having dinner with Keith Ferrazzi, author of the best-selling books Never Eat Alone and Who’s Got Your Back. Whether in private conversation or as a dynamic speaker, his theme is always about relationships.

What are you doing to develop and nurture your relationships?

No comments: