Monday, April 27, 2009

My “Stimulus Package” Part Two: Focusing on Business

Last week, I talked about creating my own personal “Stimulus Package.”

For this week’s blog, I’ve written about my business “stimulus” plans.

Here are just a few of the things are we are doing to stay afloat, without help from the government stimulus package:

•Making calls to current clients to see how we can help. The “help” is often for free, and can involve consulting and coaching.

•Sending “flash” e-mails. The creative marketing messages that we send to current clients keep BRODY top of mind.

•Making better use of LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and other social networking sites. Maximizing the use of these FREE accounts builds connections that may well lead to business.

•Speaking at industry events. I use my evaluation forms, where I ask for good contacts within participants’ companies, to mine new leads.

•Sending mailings to current clients that are considered advocates. Past efforts have included coupons on our BRODY BOOST Camp, bookmarks and First Aid kits.

•Sending gratis copies of my books to senior management within our targeted corporate market. Not only have I made some great executive-level connections, I have introduced my company’s products and services in a not overtly “salesy” way.

•Using our Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) certification. This is a great way to submit BRODY to corporations who have formal supplier diversity initiatives, and gain a foothold in new and emerging markets.

What are YOU doing to stimulate your business?

Feel free to share some best practices.

No comments: