Monday, April 20, 2009

My Personal “Stimulus” Plan

Our government is still busy with its Stimulus Package.

I certainly hope it kick starts the economy!

As a small business owner, I am seeing no direct result.

Hence, I have decided to create my own “stimulus package.”

The goal is to stimulate myself to be even more proactive and productive, enthusiastic, and more in charge of my own future.

You might ask, “Marjorie, just how are you doing that?”

Let me tell you ….

This week’s blog will focus on my personal perspective, while next week, I’ll outline my business plan.

Here are my personal “stimulus” goals:

•Exercise daily: Just by doing this, I feel better. Feeling better is stimulating!

•Eat properly: Again, it’s treating my body well. So, I feel better and I have more energy.

•Drink my gin and tonic and eat my dark chocolate in moderation. After all, deprivation doesn’t solve problems, just creates them!

•Spend time with family. For example, I took one grandson (4 years old) to a theatre last week. I said, “I love our theater dates. Do you think when you are older, you will still want to go to the theater with Nana?” His response: “You may be dead then.” That sure put things into perspective!

•Never miss “24.” As though I don’t have enough tension in my life! Jack always wins, maybe I will, too!

•Go to the movies, read a book, see friends. Really, making time for fun and escape stimulates the brain.

•Indulge in personal treatments. As occasional massage, mani and pedicure, and hair cut are no longer luxuries – they keep me feeling and looking better.

•Find humor in the absurd. And, sometimes, that is looking at the stimulus package and getting a good laugh!

Feel free to share your own personal “stimulus activities” to keep going in these trying times. If you do, and provide an e-mail address, I'll send you a PDF copy my E-book 21st Century Pocket Guide to Proper Business Protocol.

Next week, I’ll talk about the ways we are stimulating our business.

No comments: