Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Value of Focus & Humor

Did you ever feel as though you were chasing your tail?

If you work within a corporation, or any business, or have a life at all, I’m sure you can identify with this feeling.

Luckily (despite the economy), I’m very busy with executive coaching and speaking, but it does require lots of flexibility … the changing demands of clients, shifting airline schedules, and coping with family/life issues (in my case, four generations).

These factors all make it very difficult to have things go as planned or smoothly.

The way I’m coping is to:

•Breathe
•Plan (lay it out on paper)
•Prioritize
•Be flexible
•Have a sense of humor

I also practice living in the present, appreciating that our only true reality is the here and now.

And, for now, living and meeting challenges is sure better than the alternative!

No comments: