Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's a Time for Business & Personal Reflection

I just got back from attending the National Speakers Association Board of Directors meeting and fall conference in Scottsdale, AZ.

Usually I come back feeling overwhelmed with a list of things “to do.”

This time, however, I feel different. Instead of just “doing,” I am now thinking, “Why do?”

It’s so easy to get caught up in the newest and coolest approaches. Remember TQM? Six Sigma? EI?

All good programs and initiatives, yet they only will be worthwhile if it gives you the results YOU need.

Now I look at blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Second Life, etc. -- all of which I’ve been active in -- and ask myself first, “What is the relevancy to my business?”

I still need to figure this out by fine-tuning my approach and involvement, then deciding what to do, how to do it, and what the priorities should be.

How about you? Do you take time to reflect and think before taking action?

Speaking of reflection, Thanksgiving is a good time to step back and think about -- and fully appreciate -- all that you have, and, most of all, the people in your life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: